Users of our centre will be aware of our activity barn.
It is a great resource which allows Archery, Shooting, Cork Guns, Climbing & Crate Stacking to be undertaken indoors when the weather is poor but the building isn’t in great shape as it was an old farm building when we took it over.
So, we have some grand plans to replace it with a brand new, purpose built building to be a facility we will all be very proud of.
The first stage of the project is to get the design right and so we are inviting all our users and even people who don’t currently use us to tell us what they would like to see included in the final plans.
Below is a list of some ideas we have so far but please comment at the bottom and add your ideas too so we can get the planning right from the very start.
- Indoor climbing wall with bouldering option
- Climbing equipment store
- Indoor ranges for shooting/archery/soft archery/cork guns
- One or two toilets including disabled in camp centre
- A large open space to use for events / Indoor camp-fire etc
- Mezzanine floor in part of building for equipment storage
- Laundry room with washer, dryer, freezers for campers use
- Area for storage and issuing of activity boxes
- Outside covered shelter between activity barn and accommodation building with picnic benches under shelter
- Storage area for Axe Throwing equipment