Date(s) - 09/09/2020 - 16/09/2020
18:30 - 21:00
Over the course of two evenings, we’ll cover all aspects of the Scout Mechanics Badge and more. Participants will experience working on two types of car, a tractor, a motorbike and a digger. They will learn practical #skillsforlife such as checking oil & water, how to re-fuel, changing a tyre and much more.
- Learn the principles of operating an internal combustion engine. Make
sure you understand the function of the clutch, gearbox and rear axle
- Show how to check and refill the windscreen wash bottle of a car.
- Show how to change a bulb at the front and in the rear light cluster of a car.
- Show how to check the level of water in the radiator, ‘top up’ the radiator and explain the importance of anti-freeze.
- Show how to check tyre pressures and inflate a tyre correctly.
- Remove and replace a road wheel.
- Explain what to look for when checking that a tyre conforms to the legal requirement. Find out why cross and radial ply tyres should not be mixed on the same axle.
- Show how to change a wiper blade.
- Explain the outline requirements for an MOT road test.
On completion, Scouts will be awarded the badge and a certificate.
Due to the anticipated popularity of this event, we are prepared to offer additional dates, especially if a Group wishes to book a course just for their group. Get in touch for further information.
This event is fully booked.